Big thanks to Emily Kydd for a triple whammy of post-dinner goodness - coffee plus ice cream, plus a little something boozy. Oh affogato, how we love you so!
ready in 10 minutes
- 4 balls of good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 4 shots of strong espresso coffee
- 4 cantucci or biscotti biscuits
- A shot of amaretto or Kahlua
- Scoop 4 balls of good-quality vanilla ice cream into 4 glasses or small bowls and place the glasses or bowls in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, make up 4 shots of strong espresso coffee, then pour over the ice cream
- Crumble 4 cantucci or biscotti biscuits on top.
- Serve with an extra biscuit or two on the side.
- Make it a dessert fit for a dinner party by adding a shot of amaretto or Kahlua to the coffee.
Chef and food writer Emily Kydd's collection of no-fuss but totally delicious recipes are formulaic in their simplicity, using only a few ingredients to create something impressive. We're sold.
Quick + Simply = Delicious: Genius, hassle-free cooking by Emily Kydd, photography by Louise Hagger (Kyle Books, RRP £14.99)