Chicken tray bake Sicilian-style
Made with tasty chicken thighs, chunks of sourdough, olives and tomatoes, chef and food writer Emily Kydd has the answer to an easy post-ride winner
Ingredients (serves 4)
Ready in about 1 hour
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 200g sourdough
- 700g mixed tomatoes
- 100g mixed olives
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 small chicken thighs
- 50g rocket
- Heat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C/gas mark 6.
- Roughly chop or crush 2 tsp fennel seeds, then tip into a large roasting tray.
- Tear 200g sourdough bread into chunks and add to the tray, along with 700g mixed tomatoes, halved if large, 100g mixed olives, 1 bulb of garlic, cloves separated and lightly bashed, and 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Season well and toss everything together.
- Rub 4 large or 8 small chicken thighs with a little olive oil and seasoning, then place on top of the vegetables and roast for 40–50 minutes, turning the vegetables halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy.
- Scatter over 50g rocket before serving or serve alongside.
Chef and food writer Emily Kydd's collection of no-fuss but totally delicious recipes are formulaic in their simplicity, using only a few ingredients to create something impressive. We're sold.
Quick + Simply = Delicious: Genius, hassle-free cooking by Emily Kydd, photography by Louise Hagger (Kyle Books, RRP £14.99)