Salted tahini and coconut fudge
When you need a sweet treat without the refined sugar, try Olivia Wollenberg's salty, tropical-tasting fudge made with tahini (your new store-cupboard staple)…
Ingredients (makes 14 fudge squares)
- 60g tahini
- 150g soft pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 80g finely desiccated coconut
- 1½ tablespoons raw coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until they come together.
- Place the mixture into a lined 11cm x 20cm loaf tin, flattening down the top with your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Cut the fudge into squares or rectangles and store in the fridge.
Visit Olivia’s site for more low-sugar inspiration.
Photography | Tara Fisher
If you've got a sweet tooth but you're trying to cut down on the white stuff, chef and food blogger Olivia Wollenberg's new book is the answer. Livia's Kitchen: Naturally Sweet and Indulgent Treats (Ebury Press, £20) uses natural sweeteners like dates and cacao to create deliciously decadent desserts such as oozy chocolate fondant cake and fruity cheese cake. Winning!