Fig and orange porridge with toasted hazelnuts
Punch Foods rustles up a figgy delight at this year's Porridge Championships...
When Rude Health decided to host their first ever Porridge Championships in London, founder of Punch Foods and vegan blogger Alexandra Dudley stepped up to the plate (or bowl) with a delicious festive blend of mixed spice, fig and orange zest…
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 2.5 cups of Rude Health Sprouted Porridge Oats
- Zest of 1.5 orange
- 6 figs
- 800ml Rude Health Almond Drink
- 2 tbs Light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 100g salted butter (melted)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Toss the figs into half of the butter and sugar and heat in a frying pan.
- Toast the oats for 5 minutes, then add the zest, spice, salt and almond drink. Cook until thick and creamy.
- Melt the other 50g butter and add in the orange and sugar.
- Plate the porridge, then drizzle with the orange liquid and the figs.