Niomi Smart’s Raw Fig and Baobab bar
Try lifestyle blogger Niomi Smart's brilliant fig and cashew bars for easy on-the-go energy on your next ride…
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 320g (2 cups) unsulphured dried figs
- 310g (2 cups) unsalted raw cashew nuts
- 60g (½ cup) sultanas
- 30g (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- 40g (¼ cup) linseeds
- 2 tbsp baobab powder
- Trim the fig stalks, place the figs in a bowl, cover with water and set aside for 1 hour.
- Drain the figs and place all the ingredients apart from the baobab powder in a food processor or blender and blend. Add the baobab powder and blend until totally combined.
- Bring the mixture together, then roll out into a large rectangle until about 1cm thick. It will be quite sticky.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up, then neatly slice into bars roughly 3.5cm x 10cm and keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Ever thought of popping beetroot in your chocolate cake or pimping up your oats with chia? With 1 million Instagram and YouTube followers, curious cook and lifestyle vlogger Niomi Smart is all about interesting, healthy food minus the faff. Her new book, Eat Smart, is a collection of her 'everyday recipes’, with everything from veg-packed coconut curry bowls to salted caramel and pecan ice cream. Eat Smart: What to Eat in a Day - Every Day by Niomi Smart (HarperCollins, RRP £20). Yum!