Rosemary and honey roast nuts
Normal nuts not doing it for you? Then make like Emily Kydd and roast yours with sea salt, rosemary and a drizzle of honey for a deliciously moreish cycling snack...
Ingredients (serves 4–6 as a nibble)
Ready in 20 minutes
- 200g mixed unsalted nuts
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a large bowl, place 200g mixed unsalted nuts with 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 3/4 tsp sea salt, 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves finely chopped, 2 tbsp runny honey and a pinch of chilli flakes and mix well.
- Spread the nuts out on a parchment-lined baking tray and roast for 10 minutes, then give everything a stir and cook for a further 4–5 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool on the tray before transferring to a bowl to serve. Sprinkle with a little more salt if needed.
Chef and food writer Emily Kydd's collection of no-fuss but totally delicious recipes are formulaic in their simplicity, using only a few ingredients to create something impressive. We're sold. Quick + Simply = Delicious: Genius, hassle-free cooking by Emily Kydd, photography by Louise Hagger (Kyle Books, RRP £14.99)